Pages

Friday 11 November 2011

Calories out equals calories in.

Yesterday I spent the day punching, elbowing, kneeing, kicking and wrestling a variety of people, pads and equipment in order to qualify as a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) training instructor and I reckon I must have burnt around a million calories in the process.  Well maybe that is an exaggeration, but it certainly felt that way.  I awoke this morning with most of my muscles aching (in a good and satisfying way) and my body knowing it had gone through a comprehensive workout, but yearning for an input of energy.  (If you have never attended a boxercise or MMA  workout class, please do - it’s a really fun way to keep fit and you would be amazed at how much energy you can burn.)
Chopping Dill
So today, not wishing to upset Newton’s third law (The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear), I had to put back all those calories that I had burnt up and as luck would have it, today was the day planned to cash in a gift certificate received on my 50th for a day’s fish cookery course..........
Oysters




Dough balls ready to bake.
Banoffi Pie


Squid
But not just a wide variety of fish, the day also included preparing and cooking 3 types of bread, pizza, shell-fish, squid and individual banoffi pies!  Everything we cooked we ate, accompanied by wine and conversation; calories out = calories in. 
Mussels and Scallops
 It was another really enjoyable day and another recommendation from me to you - if you fancy it click here to find out more:  The Cooking Experience Ltd.
Master chef making Hollandaise Sauce



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.