Having recently qualified as a Nordic and Fitness Walking Instructor, I thought I would add a short entry to my blog about Nordic Walking:
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the heart and lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster then normal without feeling the effort.
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
- Can be done anywhere – no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
- It appeals to all ages and fitness levels.
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
- It is very sociable - participants can chat as they go!
- It is easy to learn and to keep up.
- It combines exercise with the nature which has been proven to boost mood.