Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

All back together again........

Brown Eyes is all back together again, with her masts up and sails fitted.  I'm relieved to say that the used sail I bought a couple of months ago fits better than her previous one and she is looking in good condition.  This week I have also fitted a new hatch in the aft cabin and re-bedded the other two hatches.  After the rain we have had in Ipswich over the past 24hrs, I'm pleased to say things are much more water-tight down below than before! 
The check list of tasks to-do before setting off on the circumnavigation of the UK is getting shorter; or rather the tasks on the list are not as major as they were a year ago.......the list isn't actually getting shorter - if you own a boat, they never do!  Hopefully this time next week she will be shipshape (excuse the pun) and ready for the adventure to begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.