Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Running The Gauntlet.....

The training and racing has continued to go well.

I have recently competed in The Gauntlet adventure race which involved 12km of obstacles, lakes and pools of mud that were determined to drag the unwary under.  All the water obstacles were freezing and I lost the feeling in my legs on a number of occasions.  I finished a creditable 4th overall and our team came first!
Note the colour of my legs!
This is why!
Looking cleaner at the finish after diving under barrels in a lake.
Still sporting the scars from The Gauntlet, a week later I was running the Bungay half-marathon.  The first half of the course had some challenging hills and as we turned for home at the halfway point, runners were greeted by a head wind!  So no records were broken, but I managed to complete the run in 1hr 34 min 44 sec, 24th overall and 6th in the V50 category.
One of the early hills...

My next planned race is a 100km in September.....best keep the training up!
Nearly at the finish line.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.