Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Challenge Three........the big one!

My third challenge is a big one.  

I have enter The Spine Race 11-18 January 2014.

 The Spine Race is Britain’s most brutal race. The longest, coldest and most demanding mountain marathon in Britain. 268 miles of ice, snow, cold and savage winds and 15 hours of darkness at night making the navigation even more challenging. Competitors have 7 days to complete the race which runs the entire length of the Pennine Way, South to North, from Edale to Kirk Yetholm, passing through the Peak District, the Cheviots, the Yorkshire Dales, the Northumberland National Park and finishing on the Scottish Boarders. 
You can find out more here:


Less than 20% of those that start this race actually finish it - so it's hard!

 I am really going to have to step up my training for this challenge and I plan to spend much of November and December out on the hills preparing.  I am trying not to think about the enormity of what I am taking on with this event, I just want to ensure I am ready both mentally and physically and deal with it, mile by mile.

If you would like to support me or find out more, please have a look at my fundraising page:



As always I am doing this event to raise money for EACH



Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.