Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

Challenge Two .....

In the past, the furthest I have covered on foot in one go is about 52 miles.  That was during the Swiss Mountains Overnight Marches competition way back in 1990 if I remember correctly and I came in 13th out of about 2000 competitors.

Well it's time to go further, which is where the second challenge I have set myself comes in.  I have entered the Stour Valley Path 100km Ultra Run (14th September 2013), which is exactly as it sounds. For those of you who still work in old money, that's 62 miles and it has to be completed within 13.5 hours.  The race takes place on 14th September.

You can find out more about this event here: SVP100

It is over 20 years since I have covered anywhere near this kind of distance and I am not even sure my body will still cope with the stresses of such an event......
Once again, I would really appreciate your support, encouragement and sponsorship for this challenge - please click on the link below and add a few more pounds to the total amount going to help the East Anglian's Children's Hospices.


Thank you for your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.