Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Milford Haven to Skomer Island and Puffins!!!


With my other 2 challenges in mind I managed to squeeze in a run this morning, out along the coast past all the picturesque oil refineries and associated pipe works!  I couldn’t leave Milford Haven Marina until after 1pm as the lock gates have a few problems and they are currently only opened for a couple of hours around high tide, allowing vessels to ‘free-flow’ in and out.  High tide was at 2pm and the gates were to be open 1-3pm.

Lighthouse of the day.
This restriction obviously affected how far I was able to go and I settled for a short leg to an anchorage in a small bay on Skomer Island.  And I’m glad I did!
Sunset in the cove.
I had previously been quite pleased to see a single puffin on my crossing from Padstow a couple of days earlier, but as I arrived at the bay I was greeted by thousands of puffins and many other birds.......camera out:


He doesn't look happy
Mine, mine, mine.....
We have lift-off....
If you ever get the chance, it is a lovely place to visit.
This is where I anchored for the night.
A long day planned for tomorrow, there is more bad weather on the way and I need to get some miles done.
Tourists coming to spoil the peace and quiet(ish)
With all those seabirds flying overhead, Brown Eyes has been peppered with their droppings.......I could do with some rain now to clean her up a bit.
Twitchers walking on Skomer Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.