Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Peel to Malahide (nr Dublin)

Saturday morning and the wind had finally put in an appearance.  So once the tide was rising and there was enough water for the harbour gate to be opened, I radioed the Harbour Master and requested an exit through the swing bridge.  Judging by the number of other yachts waiting to go out, I wasn't the only one waiting for the breeze.
Heading out of the harbour.....
Looking back........ 
Heading out to sea...
A final look back at the Isle of Man.
The sailing was good for the first few hours with wind speeds of around 15kts.....but it didn't last for long.  Soon after midday the wind dropped and so did my speed, so once again it was time to release the 40 horses waiting patiently in the Volvo Penta down below.

As the Irish coast line came into sight, I was joined by a welcoming committee:




They stayed with me for around 10 minutes, swimming alongside and darting back and forwards across my bow.


Shortly after the sun had set I arrived in the Malahide harbour and found a berth for Brown Eyes.
Malahide in sight.
 It is always interesting to arrive in the darkness and then to wake up in daylight to see exactly where you are:



The Irish Coastguard and RNLI even put on a little early morning entertainment for us:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.