Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

Still here in Liverpool......

Liverpool Marina
By now I should have been exploring the Isle of Man, but a leak behind the impeller housing (sea-water pump) on Brown Eye's engine has delayed my departure.
Click here to donate to EACH
Albert Dock



This delay also means I have missed the favourable tide.  The lock gate here at Liverpool Marina only opens between 6-2200hrs, two hours either side of high-water, so at the moment that is only once a day in the afternoon.  It is at least a 10 hour sail to the Isle of Man, which on the current tide would mean either a night arrival or an overnight passage: these are both things I am trying to avoid whilst singlehanded.
The City Skyline
Whilst the pump is still being repaired I do not have to make that decision.
Waterskiing course in the shadow of the Cathedral
In the meantime I have been keeping myself busy with other tasks aboard Brown Eyes, servicing the life-jackets, keeping my running milage up and taking my camera for walks.

I'll let you know when I can set off again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.